Monday, July 03, 2006

Who Moved My Blog?

Finally I made it. Although I'm not happy with how my blog template turns out to be, I finally moved to Blogspot. It's not exactly easy for me, seeing how I love the way I can manipulate HTML codes on Xanga easily as compared to Blogspot. But, oh well, I've got to start learning how to do the same for Blogspot. At least now I can link my favourite blogs from here.

I just got back from BTN (Biro Tatanegara) Course yesterday. Overall, BTN was okay. There were good things and bad ones, as usual. My fellow MMMC and PMC friends and I were confused at first as to which camp we were assigned to - Camp A or Camp B. We found out that all twinning students from INTEC are assigned to Camp B, so we headed to the hall there. It turns out that we were the last to arrive. Which made us lucky. Since the dorms were all full, we were given the guest house. There were 19 of us left, so 9 were assigned to Guest House 1 and another 10 to Guest House 2. Guest House 2 was at the very top of the place, so while climbing up the place (in an old-lady manner) my friends and I had all the lactic acid we can produce for the next five days. There were six beds and 9 of us, so my friend Maziah and I slept on the couch.. Which is not bad, really, because we were not tortured by the extreme cold air of the air cond when we woke up every morning. Plus, the cushions were so good and comfy! Maybe I would buy one just like that when I get my own house. Haha.

I had a great time hanging around with my friends, and knowing new people from other colleges as well. I met a few former schoolmates and acquantainces. The talks were.... well, all right. Some were better than the others. The LDK was.... all right, as well. But if I were to put an overall rating, I'd definitely say it is a good course. I've made some self-discovery and discovered a certain thing about myself that cannot be changed for the longest time. I've met a fellow anime fan, and another Manchester United supporter. I've endured 5 days without no news from the outside, except some short notification about who won the World Cup games and who were the losers. I was sad that England had to leave, and on penalty kick again, but I didn't expect much of them after their lackluster performance in the previous games. I'm very happy that Brazil had exited. Time for another country to lift that glory.

I wish I had spoken up more, but I didn't. I kept quiet most of the times, and my smile was my only expression. During BTN, for the first time in my life, I cried in front of strangers. Well, not really strangers, since they're my group members from other colleges (and 2 of my classmates), but it felt somewhat different to reveal yourself like that. And a bit embarrassing as well. We were supposed to write our will to the two most beloved person from our family - a will before we took off to our respective countries. Of course, everyone chose their parents. I was reluctant to read mine, as I knew just how I can easily cry over the thought of others' kindness. But of course, it was compulsary for everyone. I was the second last person to read mine out. I managed to read the first few words before my tears just started to flow crazily. I tried to control my emotions and to choke back my tears, but I just failed. Miserably. My facilitator finally asked me to turn around and face the wall instead of my group mates while reading my will. With a struggle, I managed to finish it all. It was supposed to be read for 20 times, but I think that once was enough. So did my facilitator. He told me "okay" after my first read. Ah, it was so embarrassing! I rarely let go of my emotions like that in front of others....

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohohoh...i went there tooo,and i'm green with envy with those who got to stay in the guest house:P...u know,i love the stretching part n the aerobic part the most(i laughed so much) n i'm also one of those who remained on the ground during the push up part:)

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa.. ayumi has finally made the move! Welcome to the neighbourhood :)

If I remember correctly, there was also those BTN stuff back in secondary school but the way it was carried out, it alternated between the batches. Since the batch before our batch attended BTN, so we didn't. hehe.

Speaking of the 'will' to your parents, I guess it's the feeling that you're really realizing it now that you won't be seeing them for quite a long time. I myself still get teary-eyed at the airport, even if it's only a 2 plus-hour flight away!

2:45 PM  
Blogger pycnogenol said...

Would it be asking too much from you to have that will you've written, as your second entry?

Welcome to blogspot.

BTW, when will Pycno be meeting you at the airport?

11:27 PM  
Blogger dith said...

I can understand why you got emotional when reading the will...I would myself. A will is a sad ado which inevitably relates to our departure ....thus it's natural to cry!

12:02 AM  
Blogger Mama Pongkey said...

Welcome to Blogspot!

Somehow I felt a bit angry for your sake that they made you read your will out loud. I think you shouldn't have to unless you are comfortable with it.

Well, I'm glad you enjoyed the rest of it, even the cushions! :) No nyamuks about?

1:20 AM  
Blogger mynn said...

I hope you'll enjoy blogspot, congrats, you've already posted many2 links (it took me 1 full month to learn how to!)

I totally agree with Pycno, it be great to put your will in the blog, but probably then, you'll make all your readers cry as well.

hey KKL im curious - have you ever had to do a BTN?? Ive never heard you mentioning yours yet ... O-K almost escaped his didn't he, as he set off to do a-levels very early?

and I am one of the unlucky/lucky ones who had to do BTN TWICE! ;(

8:56 AM  
Blogger ayumi said...

Salaam..

anonymous - I enjoyed the aerobics too.. funny indeed.

I would love to post up the will, but then I don't have it with me. My facilitator took all of them to be mailed to Dato' Noh Omar. But it is very short. At first, I wrote a really long one, but upon remembering that we were supposed to repeat it for 20 times, I cut it short.

12:15 AM  
Blogger ayumi said...

kenakelayan - amazingly, no mosquitos at all. Oh, but one did bit me at the side of my mouth. My 'gatal' hands scratched it, leaving a tiny little scar, that looks like a mole. Jadi Siti Nurhaliza kejap until this scar is gone!

pycno - So far.. we're informed that we're going off to India on Sept 10th. So if nothing changes, that will be the date.

mynn - TWICE? How come?

12:18 AM  
Blogger mynn said...

eh tak faham the joke, kenapa jadi siti nurhaliza jap? mesti a joke i don't understand sbb dah lama tak balik :T I went to BTN twice -- one during high school and one during a-levels. the first one was tough, but the 2nd -- extremely fun. so i didnt mind at all. what i remember most was that we had to design a contraption just using straws to protect eggs from breaking -- and our design won, hehehe (the egg survived a 2 storey fall).

3:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mynn - Siti Nurhaliza pun ada mole dekat2 dengan bibir dia.. if I'm not mistaken la..

10:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nyamuk?ada ke?haha!!one interesting camp,the btn,that is!i really enjoy it!!i thought of sleeping through the whole course,but of course didn't do it since we had lots of LDK(8 of them).good thing my camp has no will to do,i can't imagine what i'll write on it.i like maziah's will!!haha!!ada ke tulis kat kawaguchi!tak ble blah!yup, i like the aerobic too!you know what mardhiah did afterwards?she went to my dorm and asked masrina to teach her to do the aerobic moves,and mas confirmed my suspicion,that the j-robic(not japanese robic,but johor robic)is another version of zapin.so mar,mas and me berzapinlaa kejap malam tu...haha!!!

6:04 PM  
Blogger mynn said...

haha, now i got the siti nurhaliza joke. to me that was pretty obscure.

1:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

keep on blogging ..

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my sister gave me a bad impression about btn, but then i found btn,was not as bad as she think..

glad u enjoy it too~

8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

6:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! »

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home