Monday, August 07, 2006

Discovering Myself...

The Psychology Test results I obtained from JPA today were somewhat expected in certain areas, but some came as a surpise. I discovered that I am:

26%
nervous.

40% depressive. A little depressive is good, said the JPA officer, so that you're not too relaxed over something. My score is in the "Acceptable" area.

80% active-social. Which came to me as a surprise. I never thought that I am that sociable.

89% expressive-responsive. Another surprise, because I usually bottle up my emotions.

91% sympathetic. My highest score.

48% subjective. Subjective includes indecisiveness, and acting on impulse.

69% dominant. Dominance includes the ability to be assertive, self-confidence and the ability to stand up for one's belief. I don't really like my score though. I hope I'm not a control freak.

33% hostile. I don't remember what "hostile" actually meant in this test.

46% self-disciplined. Oh my, though my score is categorized as "Acceptable", I do not like the look of it. This is a trait I must work my best on.

In my personality analysis, I was categorized as a person who is calm and able to take things as they are, although I can be a pessimist at times. I am also known as a person who is shy, quiet and rarely known among people. Haha. Correct, that is. I was also described as a person who doesn't like to complain and a person who doesn't like to ask for others' help. Although I scored high for my expressive-responsive trait, the individual analysis says that I do not express my emotions well and that I need to work on it. Alhamdulillah, none of my traits were in the "Improvements suggested" or "Improvements needed", but I need to retain my "Excellent" ones and improve on my "Acceptable" ones.

I actually love doing all these psychological and self-discovery tests. Sometimes you get lost about how you think of yourself that you don't see what your real strengths and weaknesses are, and how people perceive you. You just get lost in a world of your own perceptions and sometimes you deceive yourself. Although I wouldn't say that the results were 100% correct, it certainly helped to step back and assess myself in certain areas. Done with my self-discovery for this time around... so now on to self-improvement!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was it a long test? I once took a personality test during a counselling session, but it was so long that 1/3 of the questions I just ticked the 'don't know' scale :P And the results needless to say, wasn't very helpful.

12:11 AM  
Blogger mynn said...

ayumi, if you score higher in your nervous, depressive and hostile scores (>50%) you'd be the perfect doctor!

:) (joking of course :p)

12:11 AM  
Blogger Mama Pongkey said...

To know oneself is the first step towards knowing God.

... or so I've been told. :D

10:20 PM  
Blogger dith said...

Perhaps we should ask Hiyoshi to take this test and scrutinise his score. Being a self-professed pessimist, wonder how his result would be like!

10:20 PM  
Blogger pycnogenol said...

I'm just like you crimsonskye, never patient enough to read and properly understand all those questions.

So HIyoshi, have you taken the test yet?

8:07 AM  
Blogger Jamil said...

I was already thinking of asking ayumi whether there's an online version of the test.

Nah. I'd most probably cheat on the test to make myself look more optimistic.

p.s. I got confused at the meaning of 'sympathetic'. Having being lectured on the ANS for some time now, I imagined a high score would equal to a nervous wreck with sweaty palms and skin, a dry mouth and thumping heart.

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do get the characteristic and genes of the good doctors..huhu..

My mom once conduct this test to all of us..and she said, from this kind of test she'll find out our weaknesses.

This psychology test of yours is conducted by JPA?..how come i never get my results?..You get it from online or somewhere?

5:56 PM  
Blogger ayumi said...

Crimson - We were given an hour. But the questions were just very direct, so it took us less than an hour to finish it.

Mynn - Haha. I hope that is really a joke!

Kenakelayan - Agreed ;)

Dr. Roza - I would love to know as well.

Pycno - Seems like everyone is encouraging Hiyoshi to take the test eh.

Hiyoshi - That's a pretty drastic picture of sympathetic...

Cassablancha - Yes, JPA. We had a specific day to overview our results in INTEC. We were given the hard copy of our results.

2:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! race glaze car polish search engine optimization company polish horse car White sulphur springs st. helena ca History of 1977 pontiac trans am Can i block incoming call for cell phone look for car wax by smartwax 2004 infiniti g35 review mg 5c 27s of ativan Hummer h2 chrome fuel door daytona beach car dealer Suriname + rent a car Open office software Price of imitrex Century 21 time share resale Best laptops gamers Honda accord 2005 performance parts convection oven turkey

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! »

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home