Monday, December 25, 2006

What's New?

Okay, not really that "new". It's been over two months since my last entry. It's not that I'm that busy. But I am that lazy. Laziness is the worst habit a medical student could have. I've got to get over it!

A few things that had happened in the last two months:

1. Elected as the female Malay representative in the Malaysian Students' Association (MSA).

2. Sold flowers for the MSA stall, during Malaysian Food Fest 2006. Unfortunately, didn't get the opportunity to enjoy any of the food due to the ever-busy flowers stall.

3. Went to Hana-chan's friend's house to cook assam laksa. Turns out a little spicy, but I like it just the same. Thanks to my parents for sending me the belacan stock granules, dried daun kesum, bunga kantan and asam keping! Can't wait to have a kitchen of my own when we move out from Sharada Hostel!

4. Had my first block exams. A bit disappointed in my performance, but it's all due to my lacklustre studying habits. My Physiology and Anatomy papers barely passes the distinction mark, while Biochemistry is my best subject. The worst had to be my Anatomy spotters paper. We're lucky to have Histology spotters to compensate the marks.

5. Currently working as a secretary for the upcoming Malaysian Cultural Festival, "Lagenda 2006".

6. Attended a programme called "Saturday Circle", held every two weeks. It's a programme where one of the brothers or sisters would speak about a topic (we had topics about hadith, lailatul qadar, etc.), followed by Q&A and current issues updates.

7. Joined the girls' basketball and futsal team. I even surprised myself. Didn't escape unscathed though. I already had several fingers injuries, lips swollen and had fell down at least a dozen times. Ironic how sports is supposed to make you "healthy". Hehe. The basketball tournament would start tomorrow, where we'll play Batch 18. Futsal would be on the 1st of January.

8. Went to Mangalore to visit our friends. Had a nice time shopping at the mall.

9. Visited End Point, Udupi, Malpe Beach.

10. Watched a movie called "Red Ribbon" during our PPD class. The movie revolves around the character Prem, who is suffering from AIDS.

11. Watched House MD from time to time, Eyeshield 21 when I can find the times, and finished watching My Boss My Hero (thanks Hana-chan!).

Both my parents are now away in Mecca to perform their hajj. Insya-Allah, you can do it, mom and dad. I love you both. And to my siblings in Temerloh with my grandparents, don't be naughty!

Can't wait to be back with all of you :)

9 Comments:

Blogger Husna said...

salam sol =)
finally! ader pon updates. been missing for your new post for quite a long time :D

as usual,bile je sol tak bz. hehhe. when are u coming back to mesia? jangan lupa contact kami tau.

p/s - i've a new blog-link. rajin-rajin, visit lar :)

1:53 AM  
Blogger ifos said...

Wow you sure are busy =) LOL on the irony of playing sports- as for me, the latest fall was yesterday: sliding down the hill in front of my hostel. hehe. I read Eyeshield 21 (x watch the anime tho')- great stuff! tho' in terms of sports manga/anime I prefer Prince of Tennis over it ;)

Praying for the best for your parents and family back home.

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Solehah,

I see you are enjoying yourself overthere and found a niche. All the best and take care.

7:16 AM  
Blogger ayjk said...

Sounds pretty exciting to me!

8:06 AM  
Blogger xoxo said...

congrats on your lantikan! looking forward to more updates =)

2:58 PM  
Blogger Jamil said...

Looks like somebody had a busy couple of months indeed *smile*

Read with raised eyebrows the bit where you mentioned your involvement in futsal ~

1:18 AM  
Blogger ahnali said...

doitaishimashta' my dearest kouhai =D
glad to help whenever i can ^^v

batch 19 sure got potential in loads of things.. very strong batch indeed!! omedetouuu~! *^o^*

and also good luck in advance for your 2nd block =D ganbatte ne \^^/

3:55 PM  
Blogger pycnogenol said...

Mak dan Ayah dah balik dari Mekah? Haji Akbar lagi tahun ni. Semoga kedua-dua nya mendapat haji mabrur. Ameen.

Good to hear from you again Ayumi. Best of luck and take care.

9:46 AM  
Blogger A Peacemaker said...

salam n peace to u...
nice to read ur blog..
a good story..a good life...a nice journey..

thanks u...

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home