Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Holidays!

The word "holiday" is something really rare in Manipal. People there work really hard. Even on holidays like Deepavali, they'll continue working as if it wasn't a holiday. Although our classes end at 10 a.m. on Saturdays, our lecturers and expected to stay at their respective rooms throughout the day, until 5 p.m. So you see, holidays are very precious to us medical students of Malacca-Manipal Medical College.

And right now, I'm on one! This holiday would only last for a month, but it means a lot for me to take a break and do something else.. of course, I hope I won't forget to study! I am currently in Ireland, staying over at a friend's house. I'll be staying here for about three weeks. I hope to be able to join as many Muslim programmes as possible, as I have heard so many wonderful stories about these programmes. Ireland is extremely cold for someone like me, who had to use 2 blankets, a sweater and a pair of socks as well as having the fan switched off at night... in Manipal!

I hope to get the best out of this trip. It was a long journey from Manipal, to Mangalore, to Bangalore, to Frankfurt and finally Dublin. Hope it is all worth it :)

15 Comments:

Blogger Elaine said...

Sol, upload some photos la!

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:10 AM  
Blogger Arifah said...

Solehah, I'm hyped to hear that you're in Ireland now. Wishing I'm in you shoes. InsyaAllah kalau ade rezeki, tahun depan saye nak ke UK jugak, during the holidays, nak visit a friend there like u're doing right now. Do tell us about all the Islamic programmes u'll be involved in ok? Memang dgr2 cerita sgt best. Can't wait to hear from you soon! =)

8:01 PM  
Blogger ahnali said...

sol chan~
have a great holiday!! ^o^
do put up some photos later~~ looking forward! =D

8:20 PM  
Blogger xoxo said...

Dublin? *envyenvyenvy*

I'm so happy for you that you get to travel around! are you going home after the 3 weeks? anyway happy holidays and do post photos of your stint in Dublin! Take care!

10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow you're nearby:) do try and make it over to the UK if you have spare time on your busy timetable. we'd be more than happy to drive you around the midlands - birmingham, nottingham, stratford -- even cardiff and wales if you want. serious offer ni :) mynn.zero@gmail.com if you're interested :)

2:17 AM  
Blogger pycnogenol said...

If you have the time you should take up the offer from Mynn and Mama Sarah.

Enjoy your hols!!!

11:22 PM  
Blogger aizatk said...

enjoy ur holiday kak sol..hehe..bring us some strawberrys k :p

5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi all!. Alone on Valentine's Day? Adult Live Chat & movie pages Try to find partner in your area!
for fun

9:33 AM  
Blogger Jamil said...

I'd better refrain myself from saying anything, just in case I spew out something stupid in the height of envy!

Do hope you have a great time over there. You deserve that holiday :)

3:08 AM  
Blogger ifos said...

I won't be left out in the invitation department- please drop by Russia on the way back! =)

Have a good and safe holiday, my friend ;)

10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ayumi,

nice blog..

happy holiday..

hope u return safely to manipal

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sol, where are you? Actually, where are your entries? Hehhe. =)

1:24 AM  
Blogger Elaine said...

I tagged you.
Check it out at elaine-soh.blogspot.com

1:03 AM  
Blogger ibnu_umar said...

Salam. I've already link your blog from mine. Please visit my blog from time to time, okay.

12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home